Wednesday, October 20, 2010

...to try to not be stressed

My feathers are not typically easily ruffled.

And I don't like to be idle. 

I didn't want to feel stressed today.  I do not like feeling as if I don't have my ducks in a row.

So I prepared for the day.  Or at least I thought I had. 

This is what I did:

I got up extra early (5:20) to get myself ready before the kids woke up.

I was showered, dressed, read the news, checked the weather, answered my emails,and my hair was blown dry by 6:30.

I picked out the kids' clothes before they went to bed.  (They were all dressed within five minutes of waking up!)

Their backpacks were ready before they got up (e.g., lunch, homework, and the necessary notes).

I prepped my materials for work last night.

I got the birthday present wrapped and ready for the party we attended between my work day and my volunteer evening at the book fair (see earlier post).

This is what I did not do and should have:

I should have made the coffee last night.  It probably isn't a good idea to not have a cup of coffee to start a day like this!

I should have eaten breakfast.  Especially since I forgot to make the coffee.

I should have called in sick.

I am still trying to wind down from my day of over-stimulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment