Tuesday, October 12, 2010

...to be a good listener

Sometimes it seems like the days go so fast.  And I am always moving.  Always doing one more thing.  Putting away one more dish.  Picking up one more toy.  Reading one more email.  Like most, I have this mind that is always moving on to the future even before I have really experienced the present.

Today I wanted to just listen.  This is what I heard:

My dog sigh; when I sat to pet her for a few minutes, while we were home together alone this morning.

My son tell me that he wanted me to write him a note in his lunch everyday.

My youngest daughter giggle when I was teaching her what a butterfly kiss was at bedtime.

My middle daughter's faint snore from her deep slumber a few moments ago.

A parent saying thanks for helping her little man be a bit more successful in school this year.

My husband, saying he loved me with a sweet kiss, when I told him I would take the dog for a walk this evening.

I am so glad I wanted to listen today.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing listener...I always think that after I hang up - I always realized how much I babble about nothing important when you are the one who probably needs a listener with how much you have going on!

    ReplyDelete