Thursday, September 25, 2014

...to sand the walls

...and bake some bread.

Drywall dust was everywhere!  Wheat particles were all over.

Yesterday I took the vacuum in to be serviced.

Oh.  Dear.

Perhaps I should have waited till I had my vacuum back?


I painted our family room before all of our household goods were moved in.  And while I like the color, I did the job in a hurry.  I didn't patch the walls properly and I didn't sand them well...

These gouges have been staring at Mark and I since we finished the room.  I couldn't take it anymore.


So I created this makeshift save-our-television-from-dust contraption.  I taped the sheet to the wall so the dust would fall into the sheet instead of behind the television and then on top of all of the wires...

Aren't I clever?


I even created a tape-shelf for extra-excess-dust to hopefully be caught...


It worked.  There is no dust behind the television or on the wires.

I think I may have my work cut out for me tomorrow!


Oh...and the my whole wheat bread was delicious.  Thanks to Emily's tip...use the yeast from Sam's Club.

It may have been the best batch I have ever baked.    






No comments:

Post a Comment