Thursday, September 4, 2014

...to make it through the third day

...of school.

The first day of school is exciting, new, and a little bit scary.
The second day of school is even better.  The first is over so it's not-so-scary and everything is still new.

The third day...maybe isn't so awesome anymore.  The charm of new has worn off.  

Lil' Audrey buried herself further under the covers when I went to wake her this morning.  She decided she didn't need to go to school today.  Thankfully, Abbey stepped in to save the day.  And played the role of Mother Hen all morning.  She even held Audrey's hand all the way to school.


Today was our first day to have an activity.  Which is probably a good thing in that it broke up the after school routine a bit, and it got us all some exercise.  We all rode our bikes the two miles to Abbey's practice.

She was super excited about soccer!

I love the colors in the picture and how her blue eyes stand out.


Unfortunately and unexpectedly (I believe Abbey told me I should have checked the weather) we got caught in a downpour on the way home.

Audrey at about the one mile mark:  "Look at my face!  Do I look happy?"
at the 1.5 mile mark:  "I am SO taking a hot shower when I get home!"

It just so happens the rain was a really warm rain and we rode our bikes past a Dairy Queen.


It turns out that eating ice-cream in the rain (at this point it was more a of a drizzle) makes up for riding bikes in a down-pour.


Do you think they'll ride their bikes to soccer next week?



1 comment:

  1. Aww, what great pictures of an interesting day! Those are the ones we remember, aren't they? I have a feeling the ice cream made up for the wet clothes. Now, the question is, will this be standard practice? :)

    ReplyDelete