Tuesday, March 18, 2014

...to try a new recipe

...and make a new favorite as well.

Today was a baking day...which usually means one of two things:

1)  I have too many things to do and don't know where to start so instead I bake.
2)  I have a lot of my mind and don't know how to relax and baking relaxes me (till its time to clean up my mess).

Both situations usually mean I create a big GIANT MESS in the kitchen.

Three of the kiddos have been home for the last two days with a stomach bug of one kind or another.  We have had a Harry Potter movie marathon and finally late this afternoon I tortured them with their homework that Amy dropped off.  One would think after two days of their minds turning to mush they would be happy to work on mathematical modeling....

Um.  No.

Anyhow I digress.

I made this bread recipe into muffins.  They were a big hit.

I made a few changes...I did not melt the butter (no time for that extra step) and I also just throw the bananas in the mixer (I never mash them separately...no time for this step either).   I baked them at 375 for about 17 minutes.  (Cooking them at a higher temp makes them rise more).

These have been a good snack for the kids today...tempting enough to get them to eat and sorta-healthy right?

This next recipe was a hit when I sent them to Mark.  He said they were delicious even after they made the long (at least two weeks) trip to Afghanistan.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/chocolate-pecan-pie-bars-52509.aspx

This recipe makes quite a few...make sure you have someone to share them with!

They are too delicious to stay away from!


1 comment:

  1. YUM yum yum!! I have never seen chocolate banana bread before?? I may need to try that one! :)

    ReplyDelete