Sunday, March 16, 2014

...to have great thoughts

...about our weekend!

The kids and I were lucky to get away for the weekend to a little resort a few hours from here called Greek Peak.  The Army sponsored the weekend for us and about 30 other Fort Drum families to attend a conference for families with a deployed family member.

The weekend was set up for the moms to enjoy plenty of quality time with their children at the resort;  and the resort had so many activities to offer.  We chose skiing and the water park.  My kids LOVED both!

There are many, maybe-not-so-great things to say about the weekend:  I could talk about the workshop (not the most insightful workshop I have participated in), I could focus on the inability of the resort to seamlessly handle a group of women and children the size of ours, or I could focus on the stomach bug that began working through our group...

Instead, these are the definitely-so-awesome things about our stay:

1)  Meghan and I were lucky enough to get adjoining rooms.  Completely by chance.



Our kids loved going back and forth between both rooms as much as they love wrestling together.

2)  Meghan remembered to bring a bottle of wine for me.  It was so nice to enjoy a glass with her by the fire one evening.  Because we were relaxing and chatting, while the kids were busy playing chase and gaming....we have no photos of these few moments of calm.

3)  Our kids LOVED skiing.  I mean they really loved skiing.  I thought it would be fun for them to try...but had no idea how crazy about it they would be.

Audrey and Paddy getting geared up for their adventure!

The two of them posing with their instructors.
 Would you believe it if I told you the photo below was taken at the end of three hours of skiing?

Audrey, Will, Abbey, Isabella, and Paddy
4)  Our kids LOVED the water park.  I know they love water parks.  But now I LOVE WATERPARKS!  Do you hear me shouting?

This was the first-time-ever that I have been able to relax at a waterpark.  Relaxed as in: "I-am-confident-none-of-my-children-are-going-to-drown."

Mind you I haven't arrived at the: I-can-sit-in-a-loungechair-and-read-stage but I know that stage is not too far off.

These GIANT slides:  Audrey, Paddy, Nina, and Abbey went down these slides so many, many times I couldn't even begin to count.  Even the lifeguard at the end of the evening commented she had never seen four kids enjoy them so much.

Abbey & Paddy
 Every time Nina and Audrey would get off those slides they would do a little song/dance combo. "Best-Friends-Forever" was their jingle.  So.  Cute.


These kids ran back up as quickly as they could.


Often sticking together...


The bigger kids enjoyed a little more autonomy through the evening.  They also had so.much.fun.


This crew closed the water park down.  They loved every minute.

my crew and their friends
I am so happy my kids and Paddy got to enjoy so many fun activities this weekend.  So many good memories...




No comments:

Post a Comment