Monday, April 30, 2012

...to try not to panic

...since this week has crept up on me much too quickly!

We have a lot going on.

Just like all families do.

And normally I go with the flow and am pretty laid back.

But I am starting to panic...the week is going to finish too quickly and I have way too many things competing to be completed.

For starters...I am finally working more.  Yea for finally getting to that number #3 on Mark's list of things for me to do before he gets home. 

Second, Mark is officially back to work.  Back in the real Army.  Way different than the Army he has been in for the past six years.  The kind you see on TV.  Scheduled PT.  Late nights.  Soldiers.  This is going to take some getting used to.

Finally, the kids have all started their activities.  This week we have to track soccer for three kids, baseball for two kids, and gymnastics for three kids.

Sounds like no problem?

Except William also has practice for his first communion every day after school this week.

And then there is the little matter that we have several family members and friends coming into town this weekend.

And the book fair.  Of course that is this week too.

So what in fact did I accomplish today?  Not much in terms of what I probably should have.

But I did manage to make these delicious lemon cupcakes with lemon curd filling!

And these fajitas for dinner.

Well at least we aren't starving...today anyway.

Besides cooking relaxes me.

Anyhow....

Here's to hoping the rest of the week goes smoothly and: I don't leave a kid at soccer, forget to pick up Audrey from daycare, or put a leotard on Will for baseball.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Please tell me why it seems like book week is EVERY OTHER DAMN WEEK?!?!? Ha ha ha... seriously, you are a saint for always volunteering to run the activity surely every other mother avoids... because it occurs (apparently) EVERY OTHER DAMN WEEK! I miss you but I'm afraid to call because you have so much going on. If you can catch up this week, give me a buzz. Otherwise, call me once the dust settles. Say hi to Mark and give the kids a squeeze from me! Love, B.

    ReplyDelete