Monday, February 14, 2011

...to tell all my Valentine's that I love them

....but Valentine's Day crept up on me and I guess I did my way

And I did by

1) Writing a love note to the kids for their lunch boxes...although I do this at least once a week so I am not sure it was any more special today than any other day~even though I wrote them in pink marker today

2) Bringing Mark a coffee to work and eating my lunch with him~even though I do this every now and then as well

3) Sending our parents cute pictures of the kids in their Valentine PJ's oops this is still on my 'to do' list

4) Sending out Valentine packages to our niece and nephew; I actually did this well over a week ago.  I don't know what got into me!

5) Bought our nanny a pretty little plant for Valentine's Day to let her know we appreciate her

I had wanted to:

1) make my little ones crafty little love notes
2) buy Mark something clever
3) have pretty packages ready for the kids after school

Instead I was treated with:

1)  Will made me a cute little card the other day that I put next to my bed that simply says "Mom, I love you."
2) Isabella made Mark and I both these very sweet Hershey roses and gave them to us 'secretly'!
3) Mark surprised me with a bunch of beautiful tulips AND he had our babysitter arrive at our house unexpectedly after work today and we got to out out to dinner.  What a charming little restaurant it was!

Happy Valentine's Day!




1 comment: