Wednesday, February 9, 2011

...to be better prepared

...A+ for morning event C- for afternoon event if I were to grade this AAR that I am preparing

In case you haven't realized it by now, I tend to cram a bunch into my days.  And this day was no different.

I was so lucky to be included in a trip to the city to see a live taping of Martha Stewart (more on this experience another day).  What a great trip it was!  The caveat: we had to leave West Point by 6:00 a.m.!  I was really proud of myself because:

  • I had set all of my clothes and toiletries out last night and didn't ONCE have to go back into my bedroom (thus I never woke Mark up).
  • I had set up the coffee the night before so all I had to do was turn it on this morning!
  • The kids lunches were set
  • A note to the family was written
  • AND the dog was walked all by the time that I walked out my door at 535 this morning into a warm car that I had even remembered to start (ten minutes before).

This afternoon I had planned our bi-monthly Brownie meeting and we had a few several too many things to accomplish.
  • I had to review cookie selling rules with them
  • I wanted them to make shadow tins for the Me and My Shadow Try-It
  • I wanted them to practice their computer/Power Point skills in order to create slides for World Thinking Day
  • We decorated cookies to look like the flag of Egypt
  • We made a snack like the Egyptians like to eat called Palace Toast
  • We looked at many different artifacts from Egypt that Mark had brought back for us 
I suppose that we did finish these tasks.  But I am not sure they they really enjoyed the quality of the activity that I wanted them to.  I want to help them experience so many things and I felt as if today was so rushed.  As evidenced by this statement from my daughter: "Mom, that coin is ghanaian money.  Not Egyptian."  

Should I be:
a) surprised I got it wrong
b) impressed she caught my err
c) recognized I did not know the difference
d) all of the above

I guess tomorrow I can do better.


No comments:

Post a Comment