Friday, November 16, 2012

...not to be woken up

....when Abbey comes down 'scared' in the middle of the night.

Our conversation went something like this....

Me:  Abbey, I don't want you to come down and tell me you are scared tonight.  If you wake up and can't go back to sleep than you can go and sleep with either Isabella or Will.

Abbey:  But I am scared of the monsters.

Me:  There are no monsters in our house because Timber scares them all away.  If you wake up, just roll over and go back to sleep.  Do not come and tell us about it.

Abbey:  But what if my lip hurts?

Me:  It will be just fine.  Get a drink of water and go back to bed.  Either in your own bed, with Isabella, or with Will.  Mommy and Daddy need to sleep.  I get cranky when you wake me up.

Abbey:  So....if I wake up and I am scared, than I need to go and wake up Daddy?



Me:  Exactly.  Exactly little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment