Thursday, May 10, 2012

...to do some planting

...well really, it was yesterday that I felt I had a green thumb

However, I haven't been blogging very consistently....

I digress.

This week is teacher appreciation week at the kids' school.  And today's task was for the kids to bring their teachers a flower.

Since I went in and out of Walmart yesterday and forgot to buy the flowers, I took the opportunity to visit a local greenhouse that has caught my eye.

I was in love with all of the flowers and plants and herbs and vegetables (for the garden I would love to plant).  (Sigh.  There are so many things I would love to do and no place to do them.)

So I bought a few.  Well maybe more than a few.

And added them here and there around the house.

Pretty viney plant

Ivy 
Hens and Chicks
This lovely lil' lemon tree came in the mail just this evening!  

Thank you Kyle and Taylor!
Mark says I am becoming 'crazy plant lady'.

Maybe I am.  

I like to think of it as a new hobby.

My goals aren't lofty.  Just to keep them all alive.



The girls and I picked out lovely perennials for their teachers.

When we got home this little gal helped me pot all of our new plants.  And when we finished that task, she carefully painted the pot she had picked for her teacher.


So proud of herself!
 Such a 'green' day!

No comments:

Post a Comment