Thursday, June 9, 2011

...to start potty training 101

...well we started.


Why not?  Our life is pretty calm, low-strees, and consistent.  Huh?  Well, if I waited for these factors she'd be in diapers through out next two moves.

We had a 50% success rate today.  That is better than 0%.  If I had remembered to take her to the potty, she would have gone more.  However, since at this point I can barely remember to brush my teeth in the morning...we have some serious work to do.

My plan:  No diapers during the day including nap time.  For two weeks.  I can reevaluate our progress then.  And decide to continue forward or wait a bit longer.  She already knows what to do when she is set on the potty; now timing is the key...and of course getting her to tell me BEFORE hand.

If you think I lack a little confidence its because this is my fourth time doing this potty training thing.  And if I know one thing, there is no right way to do it.  If I push her too much she'll regress.  If I don't push enough it won't work.  Frankly, I wish she would just do it herself.  Then I wouldn't have to ponder over silly things like stickers vs. M&M's or timers vs. asking her if she has to go.   I am over the diaper thing.  Now if only she'll buy in to my plan....

I'll keep you up on our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment