Tuesday, January 4, 2011

...to step on the scale

...Well, I didn't really want to.  But to be true to my goal, I did.

Seriously, who invented the scale anyway?  And why must we own one in each of our homes?  And it sits in the bathroom right next to the shower?  Anyone?  Anyone?  This is so we can measure ourselves naked, first thing in the morning after we have 'tinkled' but before we have taken a drink of water when we are at our true weight?

Let me just say that I do realize my jeans don't fit quite right.  I didn't need to know REALLY how not right.  Aagh.  And certainly not at 530 in the morning.  What a day-starter!

I knew that I had ten to lose.  Well maybe I could even admit fifteen.  But seriously... 20???  How does that happen?  Maybe some of my favorites such as: goat cheese with flat bread crackers, beef tenderloin, truffles, and cheesecake aren't listed in the healthy magazines after all?

Maybe tomorrow I'll want to throw the damn thing away (the scale...not the cheesecake!).  :>

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you - 20 lbs! Bye bye to my regular habits of coffee, diet coke, chocolate, too many carbs...well, we know I probably won't be the best at this, but I am going to give it a try. Glad we have each other!!

    ReplyDelete