Monday, January 10, 2011

...make dinner after I got home from work

...done.  And might I add this is quite a feat.

I understand that I should be so lucky to only have to work part time and many mothers in this world face this every day.  I only find myself facing this quandary at least twice a week.

Usually I have tried to plan for leftovers or we'll have some type of quick meal (i.e., grilled cheese, nachos, quesadillas).

Today I had nothing.  No ideas.  But...I had just recently done shopping so I had some of our favorites on hand...goat cheese, chicken, and broccoli.

And I created my own meal with three little cooks helping watching underfoot (one was in the living room reading...imagine that).

If you would like to try it...
  • 1 pound or so of chicken cut into strips and cooked in three cloves of chooped garlic and some olive oil seasoned with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
  • 2 heads of broccoli (I trimmed this and cooked it in my pasta water for about 5 minutes before I put the pasta in)
  • After the chicken finished cooking I added one package of goat cheese and about 1/3 cup of whole milk to help in melt and spread thin around the chicken.
  • I cooked a box of bow-tie pasta and after it was finished I drained it and added it to my chicken mixture.
  • I served it with fresh parmesan, and toasted garlic bread and voila...a meal that even my kids ate!
I should have taken a picture...it was even quite pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment