Friday, January 14, 2011

...to play some games

...by the fire on this terribly cold winter evening!

So for a living I drink coffee and play games and talk.  Really.  This is my vocation's real job description.  Oh, yea...and I read lots of books.  Children's books.  Thus, my affinity for them.  I digress.

But I have recently felt like I spend more direct, one-on-one time with other people's children than I do my own.  So, I have been trying to really spend some quality time in the evenings with the kids.  Especially my big two.  And tonight, I thought it would be fun to play some games.

On tap for this evening...
An Eric Carle classic made into a game; perfect for my 3-year-old!

A favorite from Mark's childhood...a great family game of strategy!

Of course we played a bit of Wii

While we did not play this next game in particular this evening, it has quickly become one of our favorites.  

And, while conducting "therapy" today I played this with several of the children I work with (thus, the reason I am mentioning it).  There are so many cognitive skills to work on with this game such as language, short-term memory, processing speed, vocabulary; yet EVERY kiddo I tried it on, LOVED it!  
Our newest family favorite!

What a great evening to start off our holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I used to play Mille Bornes with my mom all the time. Great memories. :-) Here's a family favorite of ours:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jax-Doodle-Dice-Game/dp/B003K8H35E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295106891&sr=8-2
    Love game nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear mom your blog is funny.
    Isabella

    ReplyDelete