Monday, July 11, 2011

...to wish myself, and Mark, a Happy Anniversary!

...I have just returned from an incredibly fun weekend with the kids out at Bull Pond (more on that on another post) but am exhausted.

Our good friend, sent me a text this afternoon offering to come over to put the kids to bed for me.  What a blessing!  Especially since today is our anniversary.

13 years.  And now I have some time to reflect.

So many things go through my head when I think about our time together.

Of course there are:
The moves (11 different houses, 10 duty locations, seven states)
The deployments (now our third)
Of course are the kids.

Bull Pond 2011

But there are so many other things.

The smashing pumpkins.  Our wedding song.

Our Michigan vs. Michigan State Rivalry.  MSU is the champion by the way!

The best friends.

The Godparent's...Will's Baptism, Colorado Spring Nov 05
Our jump to a minivan.  We chose the Odyssey..."just in case we had a fourth baby".

Timber.  Mark's first dog.

She is still so pretty!  13 years old.
The hikes.  What I really remember is Colorado.  But our digital photo album doesn't go back that far.
A weekend shortly before Mark left...
The flowers.  He sends me so many.  Often to say, "I love you." and "Thank you."

Our newest niece and nephew.  Fun to have one of each now!

Less than enamored, but so sweet, with Aunt Krissy on the 4th of July! 
All dolled up for Isabella's first communion!
Our Norman Rockwell experience that Christmas holiday season in NYC.  You, me, the kids, and 1000000+ of our closest friends.  
Lovin' the leather and denim!
The arguments.  There are many!

Baseball Games.  



Worrying about our kids.

Should we be?
Sitting in the living together watching our respective computer screens.

So many other things....

But the next reunion is what I am really looking forward to.

Daddy's Home!  2005
Happy 13th Anniversary.

I love you Mark.












2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, you guys. Can't wait for you to celebrate your 14th together next year. Great post, Krissy. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both! I love that you expressed your reflections in pictures. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete