Thursday, July 7, 2011

...to pack for Bull Pond

...I have a good start.

Last year we had such a great weekend with Mark and the Morrow's!  This year, the weekend will be much different.  It is really bittersweet for for me to embark on this weekend without my better half.  It certainly won't be the same without Mark there to share the time as a family.  And our best friends to fish and swim with.

I am looking forward to getting away with the kids.

I digress.

If I had the energy to get photos of the chaos that is currently in my home I would.  But I don't.  I am tapped out.  But imagine my kitchen on a bad day.  And then put the image into the better part of each room of my house.  And remember...there are a LOT of them!

The 'to do' list was long today.  But strangely, I don't have the panicky feeling I get when I have too much on my plate.  I suppose, because it is just the kids and I that are headed out on this adventure.  If I am late...no one will notice.  Oh well.

My hopes for the weekend in no particular order:

  • I get a photo that I would like to frame for Mark (is this REALLY too much to ask?)
  • I get a few good nights sleep
  • No one gets stung
  • The sunscreen works
  • We catch a fish or two and they are able to swim back happily into the water to meet their family when we release them
  • The rain stays away
  • We have fun in the water
  • We make at least one sand castle
  • We play some baseball
  • Everyone toasts a perfect marshmallow at least once
  • The spiders stay away
Summer 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment