Wednesday, July 20, 2011

...to feel sorry for myself

...I don't very often.

The day started out a little rough.  My stellar parental moments have been few the past few days.  I upset Mark because I told him the time he was calling was 'inconvenient'.  And finally, having tired and cranky children and trying to have them stick to a few boundaries while traveling, is hard.   Translation: Isabella's nose is out-of-joint because she didn't get her way.

Audrey was awake the entire evening last night, coughing.  She had choked on a peanut bar yesterday afternoon and just never seemed to recover from the episode.  I know...Child Protective Services are probably on their way.  My toddler, was consuming peanuts, while walking around AND playing with her siblings.

Audrey is fine.  After a long trip to the emergency room (bless my father-in-laws heart, he endured the tortuous visit with me) it was decided that she probably would be able to clear the aspiration on her own.  If she doesn't, we can bring her back and they will do an broncoscopy then. (The new children's hospital in Grand Rapids (if you haven't watch this video yet...it is great) was impressive).

I think my sorrow is a culmination of a stressful day on only a little sleep.

So tonight, I'll go to bed lonely and feeling a little sorry for myself.   I suppose I am entitled every now and then.

Tomorrow is a new day.

2 comments:

  1. Love you... Xoxo. You are entitled to lots of days like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Audrey! At least it wasn't a beer bottle like with Abbey! :) Hang in there- we love you!

    ReplyDelete